If you came to the Fest in 2017, you know we tried using new technology: RFID wristbands. We learned that the future isn't ready for Taco Fest. We also learned that nothing beats a cold, hard token in your pocket. Tokens don't break. They love you back. And best of all, your unused tokens from previous years can be used this year!
HOW THE FEST WORKS…
The festival takes place on October 12th and 13th of this year and will be open from 11 A.M. to 7 P.M. each day. That’s two days of Taco-grammable moments, so bring a fully charged phone.
A General Admission ticket provides access to taco-topia. Inside the event, you’ll find about 50 restaurants dishing out $3 tacos and bars and beverage stations serving margaritas, beer, water, and soda. Tokens are used throughout the festival – purchase them to use for tacos, drinks, and other items.
Please tip your bartenders in cash! ATMs will be on-site if needed.
FESTIVAL RULES / GENERAL INFORMATION
- No pets allowed (except Chihuahua Beauty Pageant participants and service dogs)
- No lawn chairs or blankets
- No wheelchair rental
- No opened drink containers. One sealed water bottle per person only.
- ATMs will be on-site
- Tickets are not transferrable by day.
WILL THERE BE ALCOHOL?
That’s like asking if there’s sand in the desert. We will have multiple bars and soft drink stations, where you can quench any and all thirsts. There will even be a Tequila Expo with over 100 tequilas for you to sample. Of course you will need to be of drinking age to purchase and drink alcohol. Per state and local law, as well as general good taste, please drink responsibly. You cannot bring in your own alcohol, as we only allow attendees to bring one sealed water bottle each.
HOW MANY TACOS CAN I EAT?
In terms of your specific physical limitations, there’s no way for us to know, but let’s say “a lot.” If you’re asking how tacos will be there to try, we’ll have over 50 restaurant and food trucks serving up all the $3 tacos you can eat.
IF I CAN’T EAT ANYMORE TACOS, BUT STILL WANT TO HAVE FUN, WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS??
Listen, just because this is a very serious taco competition with big money and big bragging rights on the line for our teams, doesn’t mean there’s nothing else for you to do. In fact, we’ve designed an event in which you can inhale as many taco calories as you can, and still lose weight from all there is to do. From interactive experiences, to entertainment, to contests and laughter, there are a million ways to get your blood flowing.
- The Taco Society Culture Tent (dedicated taco-spirited Art, Fashion, Food, Music, Culture and Photography)
- VIP Cantina with private full bar, air conditioned private bathroom, catered food, tv’s, upgraded furniture and entertainment.
- The Tented Technicolor Food Demo Stage
- Hot Chili Pepper Eating Contest
- Chihuahua Beauty Pageant
- The Taco Eating Contest
- Hot Sauce Expo with over 80 types of Hot Sauce
- Interactive Photo Booths Everywhere
- Experiential Activations
- Live Music Stage
- Lucha Libre Wrestling Arena
- 10th Anniversary surprises, celeb guests and more than we can list here!